sculptures

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Project #11 three sisters led-light sculpture

With the desperate need to feel the warming sunlight again on my face after the winter, some nostalgic feelings brought up a wonderful trip from Australia in '90s and magnificent Blue Mountain memories. Not able to capture the views, the formation of the Three Sisters appeared in my mind, when I saw wrapping tubes used as stuffing in a UPS delivered box.
Click image for additional views in a slideshow
After digging into my raw material pile, I found also a sample of oak veneer countertop and set of Ikea led lights, that are safe with paper as they do not heat up, and I was ready to drill,hammer and bend the wire, get everything together, and there I saw them again: Three Sisters from the wild of Australia.These memories are available for $75. Contact Veera if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!